Friday, March 13, 2009

Delightful Day

Not really. I just wanted to fool you into reading my downer of a blog. Heehee.

Last night I got a text informing me that certain things were due for work. These are things I had forgotten about in the mad dash of pain that was getting ready for photo shoot. And now, they need to be done, well, now. I had good intentions last night. I really did mean to go home and get it done.

But, you know, there's The Small One. She is incredibly persuasive.

She threw fits and chucked things until I paid attention. Ah, the blessed baby, she has her tactics down pat.

But, in reality, I have sorely neglected her of late. (Not in a call DCFS immediately sort of way, chill out) She deserved some attention. So...I didn't do what I ought to have done. I played with my wee lassie instead. Is that bad? Nah, I don't think so.

On to Plan B. I would get up early, get to work, get those alterations done and move onto to Important Project. The Fates? They were thumbing their collective nose at me. Very rude.

I chatted online with a friend last night, for quite some time. Good quality time as I haven't seen her for a while and relationships are important, you know. Shortly after ending the chat, I crawled wearily into bed. And that is when the evil began...

My tooth began to ache. Then to throb. Then my entire jaw started to hurt. I got up and took some ibuprofen and sat up for a bit and the pain subsided. So, again, dragging my weary frame into the bedroom, I crawled into bed. And it began again! The pain, the throbbing, it would not stop. I got up again and again, the pain subsided. I heated up a rice sock and took it to bed with me, but to no avail. I could not make the pain go away whilst laying down. Sigh.

I felt annoyed and frustrated. I couldn't sit up all night long! So, I finally caved and took a Lortab. I am not fond of the opiate drugs, in general, I seriously dislike the feeling I get when I am "high", if you will. I could never be a drug addict because I hate the feeling so much. I have to be in a lot of pain to take that stuff, because it is a trade off of unpleasantness for me. So, yes, I was in a lot of pain. Mouth pain really does me in. It makes me depressed on top of everything else.

The Lortab finally kicked in around 3 am and I knew my Plan B was lost...Important Project was not going to get done in the a.m. Rats.

I awoke to my alarm at 7:45 and rolled out of bed. Oh, dear heaven I was tired. Called the dentist, I hate getting my teeth worked on. I don't know why, he rarely causes me pain. (On a side note, if you are interested in a great dentist, mine is incredible).

Off I went for an emergency root canal. I know you are jealous. Due to the short notice, they couldn't do the whole thing and I am stuck with a temporary, which, I was warned, would probably hurt quite a bit the first day.

They did not lie.


Josh and Kaytee Postma said...

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuummer! Oh I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I know how you feel when it seems like nothing good happens. I hope some sunshine graces your doorstep soon.

The Whitaker Family said...

SUCKS! Good for you for playing with the wee one... Good luck with the tooth!

Marianne said...

Sorry I kept you from getting your work done the other night. But it was nice to chat. Sorry to hear about your tooth. You know I feel your pain. Hey look on the bright least you didn't have to have it pulled.

Biligualist-in-Training said...

Tara! What a crappy week. I hope now, almost two weeks later, things are looking up. I hope the weather is warm and you've been able to do all your planting. March seems to be such a trying month. It has been for me as well, oh the tears that I've shed!! I'm glad you have the Small One to bring a lot of laughter, I'd say that's a tender mercy of the Lord :).