Wednesday, July 16, 2014

BUSY

So, it's been a crazy busy couple of months.  Last week finished up one of the most enjoyable projects/jobs I have ever worked on.  But, man, was it time consuming.  One week, toward the end, I worked 70 hours. I was hammered, but it was worth it.

What was the project?  A TV show pilot.  Just one episode, commissioned  by AMC and directed and produced by none other than the lovely and amazing Greg Nicotero.  For those of you who don't know who he is, he is an SFX makeup artist who transitioned into directing and producing and is now famous due to his other show on AMC.  You may have heard of it, it's a little zombie show called The Walking Dead. ;)

Anyway, 7 weeks ago, I got a call from a friend asking if I was interested in being a cutter/draper/workroom supervisor for the show.  I said I was willing to interview, so I went down and met with the designer. 7 weeks and 1000 or so costume pieces later and here we are.  We built nearly everything from scratch, because the show is set in a post-apocalyptic future society, so no stores, etc, for storebought clothing.

The show is called Galyntine, I don't know if the pilot will ever air, it depends on whether or not AMC picks the series up.  But, whether they do or not, it was a FANTASTIC experience, I made pretty good money for a short amount of time, learned a lot, met some really great people and had a wonderful time.  So, all told, WIN.

Aside from that, it's pretty much the same old, same old.  My house is messy and a million degrees, The Small Daughter keeps getting taller and I occasionally go out and have fun.`

No comments: