Monday, June 1, 2009

Prima Donna

Today did not exactly turn out to be the best of days. It started out decently enough. The Small One went over to Memma's for the morning and 4 of her cousins were there. Always a good time. After lunch, The Small One went down quietly and willingly for her nap. After nap, we went down to the office part of my work to sign a time card, as I like to get paid.

Whilst there, I ran into The Boss, which I didn't really want to do as he has been a pain lately. Sadly, things devolved into a "meeting". I use the term loosely because really, it was just a plain, idiotic pointless discussion. Among other gems that he delivered, The Boss informed me that I was a total jerk, a primadonna and that he only "put up with me" because I was so good at my job. Oh, and that The Small One is only afraid of him because I have a bad attitude. So charming.

I was also informed that rather than doing the designing with the help of my lovely assistant, it would now be opened up to any all who may want to contribute and I will have the responsibility of doing tech notes on all of them and then we will have a big party where we will choose which designs go in the line. Ooooh! Fun for me!

I asked him if he really wanted me working for him. He said I was good at my job, so yes. He just wished he could find someone as good who wasn't such a pain. I told him he was doing a great job of shoving me out the door.

Then, just to add insult to injury, the office manager texted the store manager to ask if I was pregnant. There was something different about my face. Could it be that it is fat? Hmmm. I guess I need to get crackin on that diet and exercise...

And just in case you agree with The Boss, don't bother leaving a comment saying so. I don't need to hear it.

7 comments:

Kaytee Postma said...

Wow that was harsh. You hardly seem "hard to work with"...and last time I saw you you didn't look pregnant

LisaJ said...

What a jerk!! I would have texted back saying, "that's so funny, I was wondering the same thing about you."

Jen said...

Hooooly cow. You did have a rotten day! I'm so sorry. What a butt.

kathbot said...

Sounds a lot like my last boss. I could not abide him. And yes, yours is completely wrong. I'm sorry for work troubles. They always feel so demeaning. :(

Linda Sappington said...

You have every reason to be proud of yourself for your skills and abilities. And the way, prima donna has two meanings . . . one of which is "the lead soloist in a company." You might ask him if that was what he meant and thank him for the complement while asking for a raise. Some people are just "too much fun!"

hali said...

:( You are so super at your job! I'm sorry you had to hear those things...hugs

The Whitaker Family said...

That was your boss saying all that crap?!?!?! Wow! Wow! Wow! Man, what a total jerk... I'm shocked at what a jerk. I'm sorry-- it does sound as if that day went downhill in a hurry. Love you!