Thursday, July 16, 2009

Kiffes

I am laying in bed next to The Small One in the hopes that she will settle down as it is past her bedtime. When she stays up too late, she gets a second wind and is very wired. So, as I lay next to her, knitting, she pats my head and says, Need take your clippies out? My hair was up in a french twist with those little claws. So I take my clippies out. Need take glasses off? I remove my glasses. Need blankley? She pulls the quilt up to cover me, well, my legs anyway. You all done knitting? I kind of was. I worked a lot today and then helped The Man of the House move some furniture so my carpal tunnel was bothering me. So, I put the knitting aside and tried to decide if I wanted to run next door to my mom's to grab the third Fablehaven novel.

But then, a small body wormed up under my arm. I need cuddles! She lays on my chest and pets my face with her hand. Hi Tawa! You so sweetie! I love my little honey! Can you tell the things I say to her? She lays with her head on my chest for a bit, then raises for a moment. You need kiffes? Well, of course. I always need kisses. Then she proceeds to do her little ritual. She kisses both eyes, then my forehead, then my nose, then my cheeks, then my chin before finally planting one on my mouth. I love her kiffes. They make me smile. Funny thing is, she figured that out on her own. I don't generally kiss her face that methodically. I like to kiss her all over her face at random until she starts to laugh.

She ends by wrapping her little arms tight around my neck and saying. You so pwitty, Mamma! I love you. I love her back.

3 comments:

Kaytee Postma said...

That is seriously the sweetest thing I've ever heard (or read)!!! She is such a love! I miss you guys. Come play!!!

Ruth M said...

Chloe went through a phase where she would methodically kiss various parts of our faces after prayers at night. It was so sweet, and it came and went without warning. I do miss it. She replaced it with kissing the baby in my tummy every night, and now that the baby is out, she's a little confused.

The Whitaker Family said...

so completely sweet, Tara!!!!