Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Well, dammit.

I'm a chatty person by nature. I like to talk.  And sometimes I do it incessantly, much to the dismay of those around me.  You should see me on percocet, it's ridiculous, I really cannot stop talking.
Anyway, there aren't that many people with whom I feel free to say whatever comes into my head, with whom I can hold the most random stream of conciousness conversations.  When you find someone like that, and that someone talks as much and the same way you do, it's delightful.
When I have someone like that, I don't post on my blog as much, because, let's be honest, this blog is an outlet of sorts.  It doesn't care what I say and if those reading get bored by, or don't like what I say, they can stop reading.  It's great.
And yet...here I am.  Because my chat buddy, my friend of words, has left me for the time being and I have much to say and no one to say them to.  I don't function well that way, hence the blog.

So, it's been a really lousy week, despite the fact that it is only Tuesday.  But, bad things come in threes, right?  So, hopefully I'm done with the bad things this week. That is if the first thing can be counted as a bad thing, which I'm not sure it can, because it doesn't really compare on any level to the other things.
So, here they are, in order of occurence.
Sunday afternoon my face swelled up a rather ridiculous amount.  And very suddenly.  It looked like I had a goiter on the side of my face.  Only one side swelled, fortunately.  It didn't hurt, it didn't itch, there was no bug bite, it just swelled up.  I assumed it was some freak allergic reaction and took a benadryl, which completely knocked me out for the day.  I'm a wuss when it comes to drugs.
Monday morning, I woke at three with a raging migraine.  I laid there for an hour or so, in too much pain to get out of bed and find my meds.  Finally, it eased a little bit for a moment and I got my meds and crawled back into bed.  The meds sort of worked, enough for me to eventually fall back to sleep, only to be awakened by my alarm an hour later.  Ugh.  So, I dragged myself out of bed, got the little one ready for school and then sent her off while I crawled back into bed for a while.  I slept until 10, at which point I got up to get ready and go to work.  On the way there, my face swelled up again, my head was still feeling like a sabre was digging out my eyeball and I was hammered, not to mention looking like a freak.  So, I went over to my mom's house.  So, ok, migraine, swollen face, missed work is bad #1.  It was ugly.

Bad #2, my friend and chat buddy is currently missing from my life and it leaves a big freaking hole, which I DO NOT LIKE.  Especially because...

Bad thing #3 has occurred and I want to talk to friend about it and can't.
What is bad #3 you ask?  I have to move out of my house.  Yep.  Sucky, and quite unexpected.  I won't go into the dirty details, suffice it to say I have to give up my lovely and beautiful abode and try and find something else. Small Daughter, naturally, is not happy about it.  I had her psyched up to move before, but that didn't happen and it took some time before she stopped being annoyed at me about it. Today, when I told her about moving, she was much displeased.  There were tears.  Not nice things were said to me.  She's angry and sad, I don't blame her, I feel much the same.
But, I found an adorable house not too far away that (mostly) fits within my price range, so here's hoping I can get it.  It's very old, adobe, high ceilings and has walnut trees.  All good things.  It's small and there isn't much storage, but it will do, and as I said, it isn't far away.  So, cross fingers for me and the girl, because I think I really want this house.

The idea of going from being a home owner to being a renter is a bit (no, a lot) unpleasant, but, there it is. It's reality, and reality kind of bites sometimes.  Fortunately, it is also sprinkled with some rather lovely bits inbetween the nasty ones.  I'm going to need rather a lot of lovely bits for the remainder of the year, God willing.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Having made that transition to renting again, myself, I feel your pain, dear. It does get easier, I promise. Crossing all the things for the best possible outcome for you!