Thursday, January 31, 2008

President Hinckley

Well, President Hinckley died on Sunday. Very strange. I think a lot of us thought he would live forever. He was prophet for 13 years, we will miss him very much. However, I find it hard to be sad about it, because I can sort of picture the welcome he received on the other side. It must have been amazing, and I know he was ready to go. His wife had gone 4 years before, and he talked often about how he missed her and looked forward to seeing her again. But, the others who must have been waiting as well for him! All the previous prophets, I am sure. And Jesus...I can imagine him saying. "Well done, thou good and faithful servant. Go now to thy rest." How happy Pres. Hinckley must be up there, to know he did such a wonderful job with his stewardship. If the love of those left behind has any bearing on his salvation, he is sure to go straight to the highest glory.

No comments: