Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Oops

So, I've started doing yoga again, for a few reasons.  One, I've gotten too chubby again and I need to do something about that.  Two, exercise helps migraines and mine have gotten ridiculous.  Three, yoga is good for stress reduction.  Stress causes migraines, see above...

Now, I am aware that I could lose weight faster if I did something more...cardio, I guess.  But, here's the thing, I don't like to exercise.  When it comes to that sort of thing, I am LAZY.  All that huffing and puffing and strenuous effort?  No thanks.  The problem with this is that it makes a person chubby and out of shape. But yoga?  It's the same as dance, there's not so much perceived effort.  Or maybe I just like the type of effort better, who knows?  I mean, I am perfectly willing to expend large amounts of energy on something I enjoy doing.  Exercising just doesn't happen to be one of those things.

I do love yoga, though, and have been trying to do it at least every other day.  So, yesterday, there I was, on the front room floor with the Small Daughter, doing downward facing dog.  I had the front door open, because it was a beautiful day and none of the windows in the front of my apartment open.   Downward facing dog,  butt in the air, wearing nothing but a sports bra and a pair of yoga capris and suddenly I hear a tenor voice at my door.

"Hi, we're looking for Tara?"

Up comes my head, down comes by butt and I find myself staring into the faces of two young gentlemen from my church.  Heh.

"I'm Tara."

"Hi Tara"  Eyes looking everywhere possible, except at me, small smiles flitting across their faces.

"Hi!" I say brightly.  I'm not overly modest, to be perfectly honest, but it was a smidge awkward.

One of them started talking and I asked him to hold his thought for a moment and I went in my room and found a shirt to put on, then came back out and invited them in, at which point they both laughed. Probably finding a semi unclothed woman on the floor in an awkward position was not what they were expecting.   But, hey, makes for a good story.


No comments: