Friday, September 12, 2008

Howler

So, Mike was getting baby ready for her tubby before bed. He took off her socks and shoes, her shorties and her dress and left her in her cloth diaper and cover. She turned to look at me with an inquistive look on her face with her little hands on the velcro closure. I nodded, off came the cover. One to go. Hands struggled to find the smaller velcro tabs on the diaper, tried to just pull it off, no luck. Finally, success, she pulled off one of the tabs and shook the diaper from her other leg (fortunately, just wet). Leaving the diaper on the floor, she took off for the bathroom. "hey", calls dad, "Put your diaper in the pail!" She looks at him, he repeats, she walks over, picks up her diaper and...goes to lick it. Ewwww. I haven't seen Mike move that fast in a long time. I guess Lilly won't be disposing of her own diapers for a little while yet.

I think she may be getting close to potty training. She runs around naked rather often and so long as someone is holding her, she won't pee, she holds it. If her diaper is wet and she thinks she can get it changed, she won't poo, she holds it. However, if she is not being held, she will pee with impunity, for instance, the other day, I was sitting on the couch, surfing the net and she had just gotten out of the tub and was having a bit of naked time. She came over to the couch to watch what I was doing, grew bored (I wasn't paying attention) and I noticed her looking down. I looked down as well, to discover that she had peed in my shoe. Lovely.

3 comments:

Kaytee Postma said...

that's funny...I don't care who you are!!!!

3boysohmy said...

If she is ready to potty train I have a very slow son! He has no clue what so ever!!! Good luck, let me know if it happens...

The Whitaker Family said...

Very amusing post! Its crazy that she can hold it under any conditions-- that's awesome! Audrey's shown some signs but not that good. I give her some sit down time on the potty every morning to get her used to things...... Who knows if that does anything but there you have it.