Monday, August 19, 2013

ALREADY?!?!

School starts tomorrow.  I am so not ready.

We went to the store tonight to get some of the things she will need for school.  Like, you know, a backpack.  I mean, she does have a backpack, but it's huge and she isn't.  I hate the ginormous backpacks they make for little ones.  We bought a plain black one that I am going to make a new front for.  She wants an Eiffel Tower backpack with a matching lunch bag.

We didn't get home from the store until after 8.  Small Daughter has to be in bed by 9.  That sort of thing always screws with my evening.  I have other things I need to do as well, like exercise and alter some boots for a drag queen.  Her calves are too thin.  ;)

I'm really NOT prepared for the idea that Small Daughter will be a first grader, though.  Yikes.  How did that even happen?  I've had several people ask me lately if I was going to have any more children.  All things considered, that's highly unlikely.  I'm already getting too old right now.

She went to meet her teacher and see her classroom today.  My mom took her while I was at work. Fortunately, she loves her teacher and thought the classroom was cool.  Hopefully this means that there will be no tears in the morning.  At the moment, she is very excited about the prospect of a new school year at a new school.  I am praying that it remains this way.  Besides, I'll probably do enough crying for both of us.  I am such a baby when it comes to these kinds of things.


No comments: