Thursday, August 15, 2013

I feel like throwing things.  Or kicking things.  Except kicking would hurt as I am only wearing very bare sandals, so my toes would take the brunt of whatever I kicked.  Which would be fine if I were kicking a pillow, but a pillow wouldn't be such a satisfactory thing to kick.  What I'd like to kick is a metal pail.  Down the hill.  So that it made a great clanking noise and irritated the neighbors.  I'd follow it up by throwing rocks at it, so they too would make a great clanking noise.  And also irritate the neighbors.  No, the neighbors haven't done anything, I just feel like being irritating.  Misery loves company and all that.

Now would be a good time to start some demo on the house.  I wouldn't mind taking a sledgehammer to a couple of closets that have annoyed me since I bought this house.  The problem with that is that I would be left with a giant mess to clean up and nowhere to hang my clothes because the resident handyman probably wouldn't have any time to finish the remodel.  Dammit.

We're trying to figure out a way to physically subdivide this house so that both of us can stay in it without stepping on each others toes or getting in each others way.  I think it's a good idea.  If there was a physical division of space, it would be like living in a duplex, but much cheaper for each of us than trying to maintain separate households.  Plus, Small Daughter would have easy access to both.  The problem is, whenever I get a clever idea like this, I want to start NOW.  I want to put things in motion, get it all moving and get it done.

Ok, the real problem is, I can't do a whole lot of it myself.  I haven't the expertise.  And the resident handyman works a lot.  As in, probably doesn't have time to do it right now.  So, where does that leave us? Not sure, really.  Except that it leaves me antsy and frustrated.  And wanting to kick things.

PS- Saw this quote the other day...

You cannot protect yourself from sadness without also protecting yourself from happiness.

Dammitall anyhow.  Yes, I want to have my cake and eat it too.

No comments: